In response to God's love, grace and truth:
The Purpose of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is to establish and advance at colleges and universities witnessing communities of students and faculty
who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord:
growing in love for God,
God's people of every ethnicity and culture
and God's purposes in the world.
We believe in:
The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons--
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—full of love and glory.
The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness
and authority of the Bible.
The value and dignity of all people:
created in God's image to live in love and holiness,
but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine,
who lived as a perfect example,
who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place,
and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
Justification by God's grace to all who repent
and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit,
who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ,
manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy,
giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
To God be glory forever.
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP OF EVANGELICAL STUDENTS
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is a member movement of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES), and thereby subscribes wholeheartedly to the statement listed below. It is a further elaboration of InterVarsity's commitment to evangelical theology and evangelical student movements around the world.
IFES DOCTRINAL BASIS
The Doctrinal Basis of the IFES affirms the fundamental truth of Christianity including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its
supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the
sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate
Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the
right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.